Friday, February 8, 2013

Crocheted Barbie gown "Ruby Queen"

Our beautiful Ruby Queen Gown is finally finished! This project was a real challenge right from the beginning! Stringing over 900 3mm beads took quite some time. And then pushing them all down further on the skein of thread seemed a never ending process!

I am so pleased with the results! This is an order from a regular customer who keeps me very busy crocheting gowns and Barbie bed dolls outfits. She only buys the gowns and has her own vintage dolls to wear them. This particular pattern calls for sewing the gown right on the doll (hence not meant to be taken off and put on another doll), so I improvised and added snaps to make the gown removable.






Last evening, I began crocheting "Miss April", a 1992 Annie's Calendar Bed Doll Cotillion Collection. The idea here is to begin the targeted month's gown 2 months early in the hopes to have it completed and listed for sale by the middle of the month before the target. Then in March I will begin “Miss May” and so on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is gorgeous. I can't even imagine working in all those beads. Patience. She is one lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! This particular customer keeps me hopping. With a stash of vintage Barbies, she has been wanting gowns for a long time. I appreciate your compliments!

      Delete